Sigma Alpha is a professional sorority. We do not haze during our rush process. The rush process for the Beta Alpha chapter consists of a series of consecutive events that build upon each other to prepare an individual to become an active member within the chapter.
Things to know:
- You must have a major or minor related to the agricultural field and/or have a sincere interest in agriculture.
- You must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.25.
- You must participate in at least one other extracurricular activity, be taking 18 or more credits, or work more than 20 hours hours per week.
The following process to become a member of the Beta Alpha chapter is as follows:
- First, an individual must show interest in the chapter by attending our Rush Events in the beginning of the semester and getting to know the current sisters and understanding who we are and what we do.
- After showing interest, an individual will be invited to have an interview with the chapter. We request professional attire during your interview. The interview is short and sweet.
- If the interview is successful, you will receive a bid from the chapter.
- Once the bid is accepted, you will become a Membership Candidate, or MC, for our chapter.
- As an MC, you will have an hour meetng once a week for 6 weeks to learn about our sorority nationally and our chapter personally. You will be taught by our wonderful 2nd Vice President and your classes will fly by with our interactive spin on learning and your MC Class projects.
- Once you have learned all there is to know about us, you will take the final exam.
- If you pass the exam, you will be activated as a new member of the Beta Alpha chapter.